Meetings take place the 2nd (4th as needed) Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m., and are located at City Hall Council Chambers.
- Reviews and receive public input on the general plan and implements it through administration of specific plans, zoning and subdivision ordinances
- Reviews capital improvement programs for consistency with the general plan
- Promotes coordination of local plans and programs with other public agencies
- Advises the city council on agricultural preserves and land conservation contract action
- Advises the city council on development code amendments nd zoning map amendments
- Advises the city council on development agreements, master development plans and specific plans
- Approves conditional use permits, parcel, tract and vesting maps; surface mining permits and variances
Planning Commission Resolution NO. PC-2010-20
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54972, a Local Appointments list shall be prepared including regular and ongoing commissions whose members serve at the pleasure of the Murrieta City Council. Preceding is an open list of local appointive offices containing the incumbent appointees dates of appointment; dates terms expire, and the terms which will expire during the next calendar year. To be eligible for appointment to a commission, a person must: 1) be a full time resident of the City; and 2) not be an employee of the City .