Councilmember Randon K. Lane
Term Expires: December 2016
Office Hours: Call for an Appointment
(951) 698-9885 Fax
Personal Goal Statement
An Economically Sound, Safe, Beautiful City
Randon's first priority is to create a strong economic base to Murrieta by attracting professional and commercial business that will transform this city into a full-scale, livable community. With over five year's experience as a Planning Commissioner, including two terms as Chairman, Randon brings a wealth of experience that is needed to implement this vision. By focusing on the infrastructure needs of Murrieta, and continuing to provide the proper resources for our Police and Fire Departments , Murrieta will not only remain the safest place to live and work, it will become a model of opportunity and innovative government.
As a father of three, Randon and his wife, Bridget, moved to Murrieta in hopes of finding the perfect place to raise their children. In Murrieta, they found a tight-knit community that shared their values of traditional family, education and faith. After receiving his college degree, Randon went to work in private industry, working at Fortune 500 companies such as Telecommunications, Inc., Media-One, AT&T Broadband, Nextel and Sprint. After finding great professional success, Randon became interested to work in the public sector. Beginning in 2006, he served as the Field Representative for California State Assemblyman Kevin Jeffries, gaining valuable experience in constituent services. During this tenure, Randon also volunteered on the Planning Commission, which witnessed one of the greatest population explosions that has been realized by a city, an increase of almost 70%. While the population soared, Randon was a strong advocate of maintaining the necessary public infrastructure to ensure Murrieta could grow responsibly.
Partial List of Committee Assignments (Past / Present)
- Western Riverside Council of Governments (Alternate)
- Community Steering Committee (Alternate)
- Joint Murrieta School District Library Subcommittee
- Animal Control Joint Powers Authority (Alternate)
- Audit Ad Hoc Subcommittee
Partial List of Community Involvement (Past / Present)
- City Councilmember, City of Murrieta, 2008 - Present
- Board Member and Silent Auction Chairman for the Murrieta Hames Lupus Walk
- 2006 Silent Auction Co-Chairman for the Boys & Girls Club "Our Kids Rock" Dinner and Auction
- Commissioner, First 5 Children and Families Commission of Riverside County
- Member, Calvary Chapel Murrieta
- Other organizations that Randon participates and volunteers time: YMCA, Safe Alternatives For Everyone (S.A.F.E.), Temecula Theater Foundation, Murrieta Public Library, Blood Bank of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, Mentoring Today for Tomorrow, Inc., Susan G. Komen Foundation's Race for the Cure and Murrieta's Every 15 Minutes Program.