Murrieta provides an array of trash, recycling and special waste handling services to residents and businesses through a contract with Waste Management. For more information about these programs, please contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986.
Start an Office Recycling Program!
- Designate an office Recycling Coordinator: Select a coordinator to oversee your recycling program. The coordinator is responsible for arranging collection, encouraging employees to recycle and monitoring the recycling program
- Arrange for collection. Several collection options are available: contact Waste Management (800-423-9986) for collection; designate an employee to deliver your recyclables to the nearest Murrieta recycling center; or consider allowing your janitorial staff to keep the CRV in exchange for collecting the recyclables a win/win scenario.
- Get recycling bins. Contact Waste Management about your new office program and the need for bins, or purchase bins for multiple locations in your office or transform some existing trash cans into recycling bins now thats recycling.
- Identify CRV recyclable beverage containers. Educate employees on the various beverage containers in the CRV (California Redemption Value) program. From water bottles to iced tea, sports drinks and soda containerslet your employees know what can be recycled.
- Location, location, location. Generate maximum participation by placing recycling bins at each break area, workstation, office, and cubicle.
- Make it easy Label the bins. Label recycling bins to indicate what items go in which bin. Most aluminum, glass and plastic beverage containers can be recycled and redeemed for cash at certified recycling centers.
- Kick-off the recycling program. Announce your new office-recycling program through an event or a series of internal emails leading up to the program kick-off.
- Keep up the enthusiasm. Create recycling incentive programs to keep employee interest. Some simple ideas include:
- Rewards for recycling. Use funds from redeemed beverage containers to sponsor quarterly office parties or coffee breaks.
- Recognize employees who reduce the companys waste Recycler of the Month.
- Let your customers know distribute waste reduction and recycling tips to spread your recycling message.
Commercial / Business Programs
The City of Murrieta has a mandatory trash pickup requirement for all property in the city. Murrieta contracts with Waste Management to provide solid waste and recycling services. Waste Management offers a variety of bin sizes ranging from 1.5 cubic yards to 6 cubic yards for business trash and recycling needs.
Commercial/Business Service routes begin at 5:00 am (pickup usually begins at approximately 6:00 am, due to travel time). If there is a concern with accessibility, such as locked gates, etc., please feel free to contact Waste Management (800-423-9986).
To avoid spillage, please make sure that the lids are closed and all contents are within the dimension of the containers. Waste should not be stacked above the top of the container or left outside of the container.
To prevent misses on your schedule and avoid potential accidents, please ensure that no vehicles are parked in front or on the sides of the container.
Roll-Offs Waste Management's roll-off boxes range from 10 cubic yards to 40 cubic yards in size. These boxes are available for temporary or permanent use. We also offer recycling roll-off boxes for material such as: green waste, wood, concrete and asphalt.
Other Services Contact Waste Management at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on any commercial/business program.
Construction & Demolition Debris
The city is concerned about illegal hauling activities that usually occur on construction sites. The unlawful hauling of construction and demolition debris to the landfill is a detriment to the citys recycling and diversion efforts. Murrieta Municipal Code states that all owners of properties must have disposal service and that the service should be obtained through the City or that of its designated franchise hauler Waste Management. The law was established to help the city meet state mandated recycling goals.
Since most construction and demolition debris may be recycled, the city is working in tandem with Waste Management to assure that all reusable and recyclable construction & demolition debris is diverted from the landfill. Contractors and developers can set up service at any job site in Murrieta by contacting Waste Management (800-423-9986).